Monday, October 25, 2010

Raaa Raaaa

I went on a 2 month roadtrip with my parents around our pretty country. It was amazing! I had 3 contests to surf, so we just made a roadtrip out of it.

Here's a slideshow with some of the pics. It's all backwards though! The rest are on facebook :



We started in East London for the Mr Price Open, then made our way to Knysna. I got a 3rd in the Billabong Pro Junior in Vic Bay. My parents camped in Buffels Bay while I was in Vic Bay. From Knysna we went to Mcgregor and Robertson, it was nice to go inland for a change. Mcgregor is the cutest little town ever - and it really is little. It took us about 15 minutes to walk through the whole town!
We spent a few days in Mouille Point in Cape Town so I could see my frrrriiieeennddd... He's nice :) ha.

We'd never been to the West Coast, and we stayed in Elands Bay for 12 days before we had to go back to Kommetjie for S.A Champs... Elands is amazing! That left is so fun, but I don't think I'd like to live there until i'm about 72. I don't think there is anything to do there if you're under the age of 40 and don't surf or take pictures. Or knit or something.
We had really good waves for the first two days while we were there, with just a few of us out. And then the S.A team came out of nowhere just to form an instant crowd. yay. haha. It was cool surfing with my friends though..

Back to Kommetjie for S.A's. Really fun week! I got a second in the u17 girls, and Sarah Baum won. I think we all should've just slept at the British Bulldog we spent so much time there! hahah.

Took the loooong drive to jbay the day after S.A's. My friend, mr Ty came to visit again.. oooh and my husband Morag who I hadnt seen in ages! Didn't really get waves in jbay, and it rained for like a whole week. haha.

Longest post EVER. I'm becoming a big girl!

Anyway, the roadtrip was wonderful! Thanks Parentals!
Peace and Heart
x

No comments:

Post a Comment