Tuesday, April 5, 2011

South Africans speak funny.

I knew this already, but I'm starting to realise it a bit more now after spending time with a bunch of foreign humans :)

Today I am feeling like an old man. I'm hurting. I feel like I'm going to fall apart.
Thank you Wavehouse. 2 hours of going over the falls. Amazing.

Yesterday was a fun day :)  Spent the day with the Ticket To Ride crew in town. After a very entertaining breakfast, we tried surfing the smallest waves to ever exist. I stood up once. It took me 30 minutes, but I did it! 

We went to play on the Wavehouse for 2 hours.  I hadn't been on in years so it was really fun to get back on the thing, even if I had to bodyboard most of the time because my standing skills failed me. hahaha. 

Anyway, this week has been cool. I spent the week in Ballito with the guys from TTR and I did a coaching course, which made me feel like I was back at school. But I learnt a lot, which I guess is what's meant to happen at school anyway.. :)
Lurking in Town

The Entertainers

The Audience


More entertainers

I also went to Joburg for the first time ever :) We flew up on the weekend for Ty's dad's birthday. I'd never been there, and it was a short visit but it was cool to see a new place, and to meet his amazing family :) I never thought I'd say this, but I'll definitely be going to Joburg again one day!
I want this thing.
 
I still want this thing.
  
So it was an amazing yet random week - I met new humans; made new friends; saw old friends; didn't take many pictures; learnt new things; went to a different city; went back to "school"; fell on my face on the D-rex; and on and on and on - it was cool, I enjoyed it.

just a random photo 

aaaaand, thats it!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment