Thursday, May 26, 2011

I missed you!

Although it may seem like it, I am most certainly not neglecting you. I've been meaning to update this thing for a while now, but this month has been so busy!

S.A Champs 10 - 16 May 2011:

S.A Seniors was at Seal Point this year, it was my first senior S.A's and it was honestly the best S.A champs ever. Good waves, cool people, good team, a lot of time spent at stix, and just an amazing trip. I made it to the semi's in u20 girls. I was bummed I didn't make the final, but it was such a good contest that I didn't mind too much. Well done to Sarah Baum for smashing the final and winning u20 girls. Everyone was surfing so well! KZN came 2nd, and Border won the whole contest, along with 10 cases of Black Label. haha

Every night after the contest a few of us would go to Stix to play some pool and chill and what not. The last night of the contest was by far the best night! We went to Stix at like 3pm, chilled and had a few drinks, and then made our way to Full Stop Pub where a friend of my mom's, Lynn, was giving out free calamari to everyone. Soooo good. haha. Full Stop filled up pretty quickly, and soon pretty much the whole contest was in there.
A karaoke machine came out of nowhere, and things started to go downhill very fast. I never quite realised how funny karaoke is until that night. I tried to convince everyone that I could sing like an angel and I'm sure everyone believed me. Yes. Brandon Jackson and Stan Badger win the best singing prizes for being able to sing louder and make more noise than the other 20 people that were also singing at the same time... Noisy and festive - Beautiful night!!

I didn't take my camera out as often as I wanted to, and it definitely should have come out on the last night but here's just a few photos anyway:
 KZN's little hangout

 Early morning at Seals
 Stix!
 Emma and I at Stix
 Tash and Telana

Back home from Seals!
I've got my own little business thing going, where I'm doing catering for our backpackers. This last week was so so busy! I had to feed a group of 30 people for a week. It was the biggest group I've ever done, and it was scary, and I stressed a bit, but I'm learning a lot, and I'm having so much fun in the process. Yeowwww. :)

Pics from home:

 Bridgets Sports Day!
 The American Group

Hope to get more groups like this soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment